Tuesday 28 February 2012

Whipped Mascarpone and Raspberries

#3 - Mascarpone Cheese. Mmmmmmm. If you've never tried mascarpone cheese, run to the grocery store and get yourself a tub of it now! It is sooooo good. I will warn you, it is a bit pricey - but worth the treat now and then! There is a small Italian shop near us that often puts it on sale. I will grab a tub when I'm there and try to come up with as many different uses for it as I can. I love to savour the flavour of it in my favourite recipes that use regular cream cheese. Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast is amazing, but in honour of trying to post more healthy recipes, here's a recipe for a dessert using one of my favourite foods whipped up with some fruit (oh and a teensy sugar). You can serve this in a glass dish as is, garnished with a few raspberries....or you can have the best of both worlds and stuff it between some slices of sweet french toast. Hungry yet? I sure am! Enjoy!

Whipped Mascarpone and Raspberries
  • 2 cups fresh raspberries, washed (plus a few extra for garnish)
  • 2 cups mascarpone cheese
  • 1-3 tbsp sugar (depending how tart your raspberries are)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Puree raspberries in food processor. Pour through a fine sieve (or cheesecloth) to remove seeds (this is optional - seeds don't really bother me!).
2. In a large bowl, cream together raspberry puree, mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
3. Divide mixture into serving bowls, then chill for an hour before serving. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment