Tuesday 28 February 2012

Healthy Momma OUT!

March 1st, 2011, I posted my first recipe to this blog. February 28th, 2012, I posted my last (I didn't try to be sneaky and take advantage of the leap year!). Over the course of the past year, life changed in ways I couldn't predict, so therefore, this blog certainly didn't finish out how I originally intended. I had to bend the rules and accept the new path for what it was. Am I still proud of it? You betcha! Do I feel I let anyone down? Um, I certainly hope not (if you really had your heart set on this blog being something else, I apologize. I also suggest you lighten up in life! HA!)

All jokes aside, I have genuinely enjoyed doing this blog. For a short while there, I was starting to feel as though it was more of a burden. I regret feeling this way, but it's the truth. Nevertheless, once I changed my course, I began to have fun with it again and knew I had to see it through to the end. Here we are - 365 recipes later. 365 relatively healthy and homemade recipes later. I know a few of you have made some of these recipes and unless you were just being nice, they were enjoyed! Woo-hoo!

I appreciated any and all feedback I received on my recipes (mostly verbal, hence a serious lack of written comments....thank JB for pretty much every written comment ;) I thank you all for the encouragement and for the congratulations on achieving my goal.

However, the best feedback/comment/reply I could hear from someone, was them telling me that this blog actually made them change something about their cooking and/or eating habits. The challenge certainly had me seeing food in a different light and definitely put our family on the right path of eating! I hope that my tips, notes, insights, etc really, truly were listened to (and not over-looked, with the thought that I'm some nut-job-all-natural preacher). I care about what foods I put in mine and my family's mouths, and I tried to extend that care to whomever was reading a recipe on here. We each have our own passions; cooking a homemade, healthy diet for my family just so happens to be mine.

Now, just because my 365 days of healthy blogging are over, doesn't mean I won't continue to practice what I preach. We are nicely settled into this new lifestyle and we will continue with it for as long as we can. I invite you to join me. I'll still be here, or there, or whereever my next (blogging?) endeavour takes me. I plan to close the doors on this blog, but may open another cooking one. Who knows?!

All I know now is that it is time to say Good-Bye. Thank you for a wonderful, supportive year. Happy cooking and always remember to ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment