Wednesday 1 February 2012

Shredded (Stewing) Beef for Tacos

Here's a recipe for super easy, but super tender, taco meat. My Aunt mentioned the other day that she cooked up a whole bunch of stewing beef to use in tacos, by slowly cooking it on low in the oven. I knew I needed to try this, but since we are in and out a lot during the day, I thought I'd use my slow cooker, so I didn't have to leave the oven on while not at home. This is a great way to use up a generally cheap cut of beef. By the time it's ready to serve, it literally falls/shreds apart with a light touch of a fork. And the taste is wonderful! Enjoy!

Shredded Taco Beef
  • 2 lbs stewing beef
  • 1 cup cold water
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 recipe from blog for Taco Seasoning
1. Place beef in an even layer in slow cooker. Mix cornstarch with cold water, then pour over beef. Sprinkle meat with taco seasoning, and gently toss to combine, making sure meat is still in an even layer. Put lid on slow cooker, turn to low, and leave for 8 hours.
2. After 8 hours, shred beef in slow cooker with forks. Stir to mix in juices with the meat. Serve with taco shells and all the fixin's. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment