Tuesday 28 February 2012

Ginger Lemon Tea

There are many natural remedies one can take to help ward off the side-effects of a cold or the flu. As soon as I feel the slightest hint of an illness coming on, I begin to take zinc. I swear by it! I even give it to my boys, when needed. I also try and drink a tea with a tsp of honey, each night (even though I am not a fan of honey). Honey has been proven to shorten the duration of a cold, it helps soothe sore throats, and can even suppress a cough! Here's a great, natural recipe (using honey and ginger) that's sure to provide great relief when you are in the middle of a nasty cold or flu. It will warm you and hopefully decrease your body aches. Recipe comes from lindsayfields.com. Enjoy!

Ginger Lemon Tea
  • 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • pinch ground cayenne pepper
1. Simply combine all ingredients with 1 1/2 cups hot boiling water. Strain and drink as a warm tea. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment