Tuesday 7 February 2012

3 weeks left....

WOW! It's hard to believe that I only have 3 weeks left before my 365 days are up. I posted the first recipe to this blog on March 1st, 2011. While I can't say the blog has turned out completely as I envisioned it would be last March, I can say that I am still happy with it and proud to have made it the full year (almost....3 weeks to make up a few extra recipes - I can do it!!!). This blog definitely has a homemade theme to it, not  always a true healthy theme. Although, for anyone who religiously followed it, you will know that to me, a homemade diet, lacking additives and preservatives, and instead full of fresh, local ingredients, is a much healthier way of eating and therefore - healthy in terms of my blog. Sure we enjoy a lot of desserts that certainly are not diet friendly and we definitely enjoy our carbs and sometimes sugars, but at least when we indulge in those things, they are almost always made from scratch. I think we all do what we can to make our lives healthier. We each have our own definition of what is healthy and we each make personal choices to strive for that heathy lifestyle. At the end of each day, I am proud to think that my family enjoyed meals and snacks made from scratch, with LOVE, and not from a drive-thru window or a box in the freezer. I don't mean to judge those who choose otherwise. I know it's easier for us since I am home during the day and have 2 great helpers in the kitchen. I just hope that if anything, this blog opened up at least one person's eyes to the possibilities of making homemade food instead of pre-packaged. Cooking can be intimidating, but it doesn't need to be. I hope this blog offered a lot of recipes that were easy to make and most importantly - inspiring! Get yourself in the kitchen and get creative. The more fun you have, the more apt you'll be to bake and cook from scratch. To me, the kitchen is a place to have fun. Sure, there will be some failures....but we can always learn from what went wrong and know how to change it next time. Once you start looking at everyday ingredients differently, you open yourself to a whole new world of cooking. There is great satisfaction in eating a meal, or enjoying a treat, that is made with your own two hands.

Happy eating everyone. 3 weeks left to further inspire and indugle you. I hope you've enjoyed this ride as much as I have! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment