Friday 1 July 2011

Chicken Ceasar Salad

I am not a big fan of bottled salad dressing (due to the additives and preservatives), but I will admit that convenience sometimes wins out and I will use it when I need to. I've never made my own ceasar salad dressing (I do plan to make it sometime...hopefully without anchovies), so we always have the bottled kind in the house. I don't ever serve it without kicking it up with a few other ingredients. Here's the "recipe" for how I make chicken ceasar salad. Enjoy.



Simple Chicken Ceasar Salad
  • 1 romaine heart, washed and sliced/ripped
  • 1/2 cup (ish - I'll be honest, I don't measure, just evenly coat lettuce) ceasar salad dressing
  • freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 a lemon
  • lots of fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 chicken breasts, fully cooked on the BBQ, sliced (still warm)
  • 1/4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled/chunked
  • croutons (see recipe on here)
1. Place lettuce in large bowl and top with dressing, lemon juice, pepper and 1/4 cup of cheese. Toss to evenly coat (add more dressing if needed).
2. Top lettuce with the rest of the cheese, the chicken, the bacon and the croutons. Serve and ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment