Friday 29 July 2011

Happy Baking!

Fortunately for me, the weather (at least the last 2 mornings) has cooled off slightly, so turning on the oven isn't a big deal. This is especially good for me, as I am currently in the process of baking 12 cakes. Once assembled, I will only have 6 cakes, but each are two layers and I prefer to bake each layer separate. This is my biggest challenge to date, as each cake will be fondant covered and topped with a bouquet of handmade fondant calla lilies. I haven't posted in 2 days, as I've been busy making the lilies and getting ready for baking. (Plus, I also made a fun BUG cake for my little nephew's 4th birthday party on Wednesday!) As of 9:00 am, I have 8 cakes baked, 2 in the oven, and 2 more to go. All 75 lilies are ready and the fondant is made and waiting to be rolled out. Next job - make copious amounts of icing! Perhaps someday I will post my fondant recipe. It's not that it's a big secret.....however, perhaps there are some things a baker should keep to themselves?! What if my family stopped wanting ME to make the cakes?! Okay, maybe I better not post the recipe.......Until I make something worth blogging about, happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment