Wednesday 29 June 2011

Peanut Butter Kamut Squares


If you are wondering what the heck kamut is, go to your local health food store, bulk barn, or big grocery store (that carries more than the basics) and pick up some ORGANIC PUFFED KAMUT. It is delicious (and very healthy)! I used to feed this to my boys as an early finger food, and often found myself sneaking a piece here and there. I now always have it in the house and eat it for breakfast (with or without milk) or as a snack on the go. My boys still love it and I certainly do, too! That is why I thought I should try and use them in a recipe somehow. This is what I came up with. It's simple, quick, few ingredients, and they are DELICIOUS. Maybe even better than regular rice krispie squares (which I love, too!). I hope you are willing to give these a try. You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

FACT: "Kamut is a good choice if you want to incorporate whole grains into your diet to boost your nutrition. It is high in protein, thiamin, niacin, potassium, and zinc. This hearty whole grain is a great source of protein, minerals, and vitamins which contribute to high energy levels, a healthy immune system, and proper muscle and nerve function."

Jenno's Peanut Butter Kamut Squares
  • 1 package (10 oz) marshmallows
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter
  • 6 cups puffed kamut
1. In a large bowl, heat marshmallows in microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir. Heat another 30 seconds, then stir. Heat for a final 30 seconds.
2. Remove bowl from microwave and add peanut butter. Stir until smooth, then pour in kamut. Stir until evenly combined.
3. Pour contents of bowl into greased 9x13 pan and evenly press mixture down. Let cool, cut into squares and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment