Sunday 17 July 2011

Pineapple Zucchini Bread

Yikes - I have to admit that keeping up with this blog so far this summer hasn't been as easy as it was in the cooler months. I either don't want to bake/cook anything worth writing a recipe about, or I am just not online to record what I do make. Sorry!!! I promise to keep with my goal and in time, I will catch up and post all 365 recipes. I just returned from a mini-getaway to my Mom's. While there, I baked 2 loaves of Pineapple Zucchini bread. She found the recipe, I followed it and baked it. It was quite tasty and my boys especially loved it. Here is the recipe, with two minor changes (consensus of my Mom and I).



Pineapple Zucchini Bread
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups zucchini, grated
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cups AP flour
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 14-ounce can diced pineapple, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Stir in oil, sugar, vanilla, and zucchini.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Finally, fold in nuts and pineapple.
4. Pour into greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool (slightly), serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment