Wednesday 7 September 2011

Sneaky Puree

I was recently at the library with my boys and we were perusing the cookbook section. We were searching for kid friendly cookbooks, when I stumbled across The Sneaky Chef. I have heard of this before but never paid too much attention, since my boys are generally pretty good at eating their veggies. I did of course instantly think of the blog, so grabbed the book and gave it a quick once over. The first section has a bunch of different purees you can make, each sorted by colours. These various purees are called for in the next section, as additions to the recipes. I took a look at what we had on hand and made a puree of my own (I didn't go with similar coloured veggies, as you'll see). It reminded me of my babyfood making days! Tonight I added this puree to our pasta sauce, and reserved the rest in the fridge. Watch for it in some upcoming recipes. Perhaps you need a little help getting veggies in your kids', or even husband's, tummies. Sneaking them might just be the answer ;) Enjoy!

Carrot and Cauliflower Puree
  • 4 cups cauliflower florets
  • 4 cups chopped carrots, peeled
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Steam cauliflower and carrots until tender. Place in food processor, add lemon juice and water, then puree until completley smooth. Add to receipe or eat as is! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment