Tuesday 20 September 2011

Simple, but Perfect, Mashed Potatoes

I've previously mentioned that I am not a huge fan of mashed potatoes. They rank near the bottom on how I like a potato served to me. However, since we just harvested a bunch of potatoes out of the garden, I wanted to try serving them a few different ways. Last night we had the hashbrown muffins, tonight was mashed. I stuck with the old method of preparing them and they were fantastic. I am so thankful for our garden. The boys and I have had a wonderful time "living off the land". What an experience! Enjoy!

Mashed Potatoes
  • 5-6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil over high heat, and continue to boil until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
2. Drain potatoes in colander. While potatoes are draining, pour milk and butter into empty pot. Allow butter to fully melt and milk to warm. Add potatoes back to pot, sprinkle with salt, and mash until creamy and smooth. Serve with a little dollop of butter (or not!) and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment