Saturday 6 August 2011

Sloppy Joe's!

This is my recipe post for Thursday. I didn't get it posted, apparently. Yesterday I was tending to a sick little boy, so no recipe for Friday. I will post today's recipe later....I hope!

Anyway, sloppy joe's are a fun meal, for kids and adults. If you skip on buying the canned sauce, then it isn't a terrible meal to enjoy now and then. Here's my recipe for homemade sloppy joes. The boys really enjoyed how "sweet" the meat was. I served these as open face sammies, over homemade bread. Enjoy!



Jenno's Sloppy Joe's
  • 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 3/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
1. In a non stick skillet over med-high heat, begin to brown beef. Once it's about half-way cooked, add onion and stir frequently. Before the meat is fully browned, sprinkle meat with garlic salt, chili powder, pepper flakes, cumin and pepper.
2. Once meat is fully cooked, add ketchup and brown sugar to pan. Stir to evenly coat. Allow mixture to cook/warm on med-low heat for another 5-10 minutes, to ensure it's warm throughout.
3. Serve on buns or over bread. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment