Wednesday 24 August 2011

Potato Salad

So another recipe with mayo in it. What gives, you might be asking. Well, you know when something scans at a higher than posted price at the grocery register (even if only by 10 cents) and you mention it? It of course is then looked into....and if it turns out you are right about the incorrect scanned price, many stores will then give you the item for free. This happened to me yesterday. I love a deal....I didn't plan on getting my mayo for free of course, but since I did, it makes me want to use it up and enjoy my deal. Silly, I know....but oh well. So yesterday we had our balsamic mayo on wraps. Tonight I had leftover chicken and wraps, so added some mayo and other ingredients and served up chicken salad wraps (see my recipe for a wonderful chicken salad). I whipped up some potato salad to serve alongside our wraps. YUM! Now I have to admit, at this point, I am mayonnaised out for a while! Still, this is a tasty recipe for making potato salad. Enjoy!



Jenno's Potato Salad
  • 5-6 med-lg potatoes (cut into bite-sized pcs....I prefer to not peel the thinner skinned ones)
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced/crumbled
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • s&p to taste
  • 5-6 dill pickles, diced
1. In a large pot, boil potatoes and carrots until just tender (you don't want them mushy!). Cool with cold water immediately.
2. Place cooled potatoes and carrots in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and carefully stir to combine. Taste and season with more s&p, if needed.
3. You can chill this in the fridge before serving (will last a few days in the fridge) or serve it slightly warm. Either way - ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment