Saturday 6 August 2011

Catalina Salad Dressing

I was searching for a new salad dressing today, that was different from the usual oil/vinegar combos I usually make. While I enjoy those, M doesn't always. He really likes russian and catalina dressing, so I searched for a recipe to make it myself. Here is what I found (from you know where!!! - allrecipes.com). I will post it as I made it, which is slightly different than what called for. You will see I used half an onion and I personally think this is too much (the original called for a whole onion). I guess it will depend how much you like an onion taste in things. Even still, this was very good, served over a salad made from veggies primarily from the garden!



Catalina Salad Dressing
  • 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3/4 cup EVOO
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until combined and onion is nothing more than tiny bits (about 30 seconds). With blender still running, stream in oil and mix for another 30 seconds.
2. Chill until ready to serve. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment