Saturday 28 May 2011

Strawberry Filling

Today I made a cupcake order for a dozen 'Strawberries and Cream' cupcakes. YUM! I made vanilla cupcakes, filled them with this strawberry filling, then topped them with a whip cream icing. They were delicious - says me AND the girl who ordered them. I thought I would share the filling recipe on here. You could easily use this between layers of a cake, on a cheesecake, on ice cream, or for anything else you can think of! The best way I can describe this filling would be that it's the middle line between strawberry jam and strawberry jello. It's firm enough to not run away on you, yet smooth and the right consistency to pair with cake. The basis of this recipe is quite simple and you could make it with any fruit, really. I know I'll be trying this with blackberries, for a summery cheesecake topper! Enjoy!

Strawberry Filling
  • 1/2 lb fresh, ripe strawberries
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tbsp gelatin
  • 1 tbsp warm-to-cold water
  • 1 tbsp boiling water
1. Cut strawberries up into tiny pcs. Sprinkle with sugar, stir, then set aside for a few minutes.
2. In a small bowl, measure cold and hot water, then sprinkle gelatin on top. Allow the gelatin to fall to the bottom before stirring. Give a quick whisk to ensure the gelatin is dissolved, then pour over strawberries and combine.
3. Set filling in fridge, covered. After 10 minutes, stir again, then place back in fridge (covered). After another 10 minutes, stir, and then your filling should be ready to use! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment