Tuesday 17 January 2012

NON-Creamy Coleslaw

We're having ribs for dinner tonight (along with Sweet Potato Fries - which I will post the recipe for later). I have a hankering for coleslaw, so just whipped this up to go with dinner. Apparently, the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it tastes. I wanted to go with a non-creamy kind and this is the recipe I chose (I modified one from allrecipes.com). I am not a fan of onion in coleslaw (rather, it's not a fan of me!), so I omitted that. I am sure it really changes the flavour, but as of now, it tastes great and I can't wait to taste it in a few hours. I think I would add some celery seed if I had it on hand. Otherwise, enjoy!

Non-Creamy Coleslaw
  • 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
  • 1/2 red onion, diced (optional)
  • 1/2 cup grated carrots
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3/8 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • OPTIONAL - celery seed and/or black pepper
1. In a large tupperware container, add all ingredients. Put lid on container and shake well, to evenly combine. Taste and season as necessary. Let chill for a few hours or days before serving. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment