Friday 13 January 2012

Grilled Brie, Apple and Chicken Sammies

I know I STILL owe more grocery item recipes, but I haven't had a ton of time to sit and write them out lately. And when I do have time, I keep wanting to write a new recipe I just made. I promise they will come, but for now - take what you get. At least I am back to blogging. HA!



Here's what I made for lunch today. Wow, wow, wow. They were SO good. You need to try these. Fast, easy, and delicious. Enjoy!

Grilled Brie, Apple and Chicken Sammies
  • 4 large slices fresh baked bread (sourdough or any round-loaf hearty bread)
  • 1-2 tbsp mayo
  • 3 oz brie, sliced/chunked
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
  • 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
1. Spread mayo on both sides of the 4 slices of bread. Place 2 slices in non-stick pan over med-high heat. Evenly layer brie, chicken, apple and more brie on each slice, then top with another slice of bread.
2. Cook until golden brown on each side (about 4-5 minutes). Serve immediately and ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I do a variation of these almost weekly for lunch on the weekend. I spread a tiny bit of garlic butter on the outside of the bread before putting in the press and I've found the key is super thinly sliced bread. Try mixing a bit of dijon, maple syrup and mayo with some fresh pepper for a spread. It goes so well with the apple & brie (and whatever meat).

    ReplyDelete