Monday 16 January 2012

Egg Yolk Cookies

Both of tonight's recipes call for egg-whites, which left me with some un-used egg yolks. I was looking for recipe options to use them up and came across this cookie recipe from food.com. It gets great reviews, sounds and looks yummy, (but isn't very healthy). I think I will give it a go tomorrow (the yolks are in an air-tight container in the fridge). I can tell you right now that I will omit the orange and lemon extract (because I don't have any), and possibly even the vanilla - substituting everything for almond extract. I'm also slightly leery about the amount of butter called for, but will give it a chance! I'll update after I try it! Enjoy!

Egg Yolk Cookies
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 6 egg yolks (or 3 whole eggs)
  • 2 1/2 cups AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp lemon extract
  • 1/2 tsp orange extrac
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Separately, beat egg yolks and add extracts. Add beaten egg yolk mixture to creamed butter and sugar. Blend well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and cream of tartar). Add dry ingredients to creamed butter, sugar and egg mixture, mixing until well blended.
4. Form into balls about the size of a walnut. Roll balls in sugar, place on greased cookie sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet, and slightly flatten.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, depending on desired softness/crispness. Let cool and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment