Monday 9 January 2012

Eggless Cookies

This morning the boys and I really wanted to bake cookies, but we didn't have any eggs in the fridge. I found this recipe online and gave it a try. Was I ever glad I did. These were super simple and super yummy! Enjoyed in small quantities, they get my "healthy" approval, too ;) HA! Enjoy!

Eggless Cookies
  • 3/4 cups AP flour
  • 2 tbsp cornstarcch
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you want to pipe these cookies into little rosettes (suepr cute and works well), prepare piping bag with a large star tip.
2. Sift/whisk together flour and cornstarch. In separate bowl, mix together butter and icing sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add flour mixture, milk and vanilla, and beat until fully smooth.
3. Pipe cookie dough onto parchment, or form into little balls and gently press down. **At this step, by request from my boys, I added one little chocolate chip to the centre of each cookie**
4. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, or until they are just starting to brown. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment