Wednesday 6 April 2011

Mini Banana Muffins

I wasn't going to share this recipe, as it's one of my claim to fames! haha! It's my go-to recipe for something to bring to someone who's just had a baby, who needs some comfort food, or for an addition to a brunch menu. But since today is my birthday and I've been nothing short of SPOILED, I am in a giving mood, so here it is. One of my all time favourite homemade snacks. Enjoy!



Jenno's Mini Banana Muffins
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup banana (about 3 med size)
  • 2 cups flour (can substitute for 1/2 or all whole wheat)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • (optional - chocolate chips or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease mini muffin tin.
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat another 2 minutes. Stir in mashed bananas.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & soda, and salt. Gently mix into banana mixture and stir a few times. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla and mix until just combined.
4. Pour batter into greased mini muffin tin, filling 3/4 ish of the way. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Serve warm with or without butter and ENJOY!

*Be warned - these muffins are ADDICTING!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment