Wednesday 13 April 2011

Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pasta Sauce

Yes, folks - this one tastes as good as it sounds (and looks)!!! Remember my first recipe I posted, for an easy tomato sauce? Well with this recipe, I kick it up a notch. Whenever I make this, it literally is inhaled by the family. I dare you to give it a try. It's soooooooooooooooo good! As always - enjoy!

p.s. I've decided to make a 2nd post tonight, with the recipe and how-to for caramelized onions, for those who've never made them before.

Jenno's Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pasta Sauce
  • 4 med sized onions, caramelized (see recipe)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 jars (24 oz each) fresh mashed tomatoes
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried parsley (or 1-2 tbsp fresh)
  • 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
  • 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
  • pinch red pepper flakes
  • s & p to taste
  • 1/4 cup (ish) blue cheese crumbles - taste after you add, then add more if you want a stronger flavour
1. Caramelize onions, as per my recipe. After splashing in the vinegar, add in the garlic. After 30 seconds, pour in tomatoes and immediately stir.
2. Add all other ingredients, except the blue cheese, and stir. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in blue cheese crumbles and simmer another few minutes.
4. Pour over hot pasta, top with more blue cheese crumbles, serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment