Sunday 24 April 2011

Baked Balsamic Butter Asparagus

Happy Easter, Everyone! Tonight I am doing a bit of a cheat. Because my diet today consisted of chocolate or meals prepared FOR me, I don't have a recipe to post that I made. I do, however, have a recipe to share that I ate today. And it is one that I will make in the near future (so it will fall in my 365 in 365). My mom served this sidedish with dinner tonight and it was delicious! We all enjoyed it, especially Big Little D! It seems fairly simple to prepare, yet full of flavour. She found the recipe on allrecipes.com. Here it is! Enjoy!



Baked Balsamic Butter Asparagus
  • 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed (it's almost in season!!!)
  • drizzle EVOO (or cooking spray)
  • s & p to taste
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange aspargus on cookie sheet (or shallow baking dish) and drizzle w/ EVOO. Season with a little s&p.
3. Bake asparagus for 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until tender.
4. In small saucepan, melt butter over med heat. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Pour over baked asparagus just before serving. ENJOY!

**Finally made this recipe myself.....Next time I'd cut the soy sauce in half. Otherwise - YUM!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment