Sunday 27 March 2011

Roasted Lemon Rosemary Quail

I recently picked up some quail, as I thought it would make for a fun and interesting dinner with the boys. Boy was I was right; it was a hit. And very tasty, too. I am sure there are many quail recipes out there, but this is how I cooked ours off the top of my head (and will definitely do it again this way). They were great!



Roasted Lemon Rosemary Quail
  • 4 large quail
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • s & p
  • few squeezes lemon juice
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet on med-high. While heating, sprinkle quail w/ s&p.
3. Brown quail (in skillet) on 4 sides for about 2 minutes each.
4. When quail are nicely browned (*will still be red/pink inside cavity), squeeze lemon over all of them (it will steam in the skillet) and sprinkle with rosemary. Immediately pop entire skillet in oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until quail is cooked to desired temp.
5. Remove from skillet, serve with lemon slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment