Tuesday 8 November 2011

Green Bean Delight

Today's theme is veggie side-dishes that I would like to try. Here is another recipe from allrecipes, adapted to make cooking easier (since I haven't made these, I am writing it how I WOULD make these, different from the original instructions). I am not a huge fan of green beans, but I am sure I would like these. Everything is "delightful" with bacon, right?! Enjoy :)

Green Bean Delight
  • 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
  • 3 tablespoons butter, or bacon drippings
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  1. Cook the beans until crisp-tender. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add vinegar, sugar and salt; heat through.
  2. Add cooked beans and crumbled bacon to sauce, stir to evenly coat and serve immediately. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment