Monday 12 December 2011

Open-Faced Turkey Sammies (no Gravy kind!)

This recipe is from canadianliving.com. I love the idea of these. We tend to always have at least one open-faced turkey sammie with our leftovers, but it is usually smothered in gravy (and peas!). And while I really enjoy those, I think I would enjoy these just as much!!! Let me know if you try them! Enjoy!

Open-Faced Turkey Sammies
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • Cranberry Mayonnaise:
  • or cranberry sauce
1. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry onions, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; fry, stirring, until tender and caramelized, 25 minutes (*See my blog on how to caramilize onions for further instructions).
2. Cranberry Mayonnaise: In bowl, stir together mayonnaise, cranberries and cranberry cocktail concentrate.
3. Spread cranberry mayo over toast. Top with caramelized onions and turkey. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment