Wednesday 19 October 2011

Sweet Roasted Squash

I love squash. I love eating it and I love smelling it while it cooks. Not everyone in our house shares this same love, but I still make it a few times a year nonetheless. Tonight I made buttercup squash, but this recipe works just as well with acorn, butternut, etc. Grab a squash from your local market and give it a try. Squash is packed with many health benefits, including being packed full of carotenes (which help to protect against cancer). Enjoy!

Sweet Roasted Squash
  • 1 squash of choice (acorn is my person fav)
  • 2-3 tbsp butter
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice squash in half, lenghwise. Scoop out seeds and place on cookie sheet, cut side up.
2. Place 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp cold butter into each hollowed out squash half (use 1 1/2 tbsp for bigger/thicker squash). Sprinkle each cavity with 1.5 tbsp brown sugar.
3. Cook squash in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, scoop out flesh, lightly mash, serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment