Sunday 22 May 2011

Deviled Quail Eggs

I know I did deviled eggs not that long ago, but it just so happens that this is really the only thing I made today that I can blog about. And since they are so darn cute and tasty, I thought I'd post them. I made these to go along with a dainty tea luncheon following my neice's baptism. It was a wonderful day, and a great meal. I buy quail eggs at a local farm. If you can get your hands on them, try them. They are great - deviled or just fried! We eat them sunny side up quite often. Enjoy!

p.s. Credit deserves to be given to my hubby for coming up with the suggestion of turning quail eggs into deviled eggs (last time I made regular ones).

Deviled Quail Eggs
  • 18 quail eggs, hardboiled and peeled (boil about 5 minutes)
  • 2-3 tbsp mayo (give or take to your desired creaminess)
  • 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
  • s&p to taste
1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolks and place in bowl (set whites aside).
2. Mash yolks in bowl, with mayo, vinegar, mustard and s&p.
3. Carefully spoon yolk mixture back into eggs whites. Refrigerate until serving. ENJOY!

*Be very careful when peeling these delicate eggs. The whites will be super thin in spots and will want to peel away with the shell.*

*I didn't get a good picture, sorry!*

No comments:

Post a Comment