Tuesday 24 May 2011

Baked Asiago Perch Filets

Another fish recipe! This one is for fresh Lake Erie Perch. (I wish I could say we caught the fish, but nope). The just of this recipe comes from Taste of Home (it is called Parmesan Baked Perch). It got a lot of positive reviews, so I thought I'd try it, but we certainly wouldn't give it 5 stars. All in all, it wasn't bad, just not one I would make often. I guess it's a matter of personal tastes. If your fish filets are thin, turn the oven temp down to about 450. I hope with all these fish recipes I'm posting, some of you are getting fish into your weekly, bi-weekly or at the very least monthly meal cycle! Enjoy!



Baked Asiago Perch
  • 1/2 lb perch fillets, skin removed
  • 1 1/2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 tbsp finely grated asiago cheese (or Parmesan)
  • 1/2 tbsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, asiago, paprika and basil.
3. While oven is heating, place 1 tbsp butter in baking dish and place in oven until just melted. Remove pan from oven and carefully dip perch filets in melted butter.
4. After dipping filets in butter, dip them into the crumb mixture to evenly coat. Place coated filets back in buttered baking dish.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve immediately. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment